WE’RE MOVING!

Special Thank You to Starbucks for sponsoring this post!

I am beyond excited to be teaming up with the one and only Starbucks as we share our moving adventure in the coming months and how the Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card has helped us budget and prepare for our moving expenses. I will be sharing all the benefits, including how to earn food and drink Rewards (in and outside of Starbucks), everywhere you shop!

We’re moving to Washington D.C. and we are so excited!!! This is our 4th move in the military since being married so we are pretty familiar with packing up our life into a bunch of boxes and the chaos that comes with it. Moving in the military is always a possibility and has been so frequent for us that it has become a norm. This time around we want to be more intentional with budgeting our moving expenses as D.C. is a lot more expensive of an area to live in than little Hinesville, Ga. We also have a growing baby boy with another little one coming soon so it is extra important that we are responsible with our money now.

We have always been really good about saving money each month, but we have never actually budgeted for anything since we tend to be naturally frugal people. When I heard about the Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card I knew it would be so helpful in putting more thought into how and where we spend our money, because after all every little dollar really does add up!

Here are some of the awesome benefits that make the STARBUCKS REWARDS VISA PREPAID CARD a winner in my book:

•No Monthly, annual or reload fees!!! This lack of fees is essentially nonexistent among reloadable prepaid cards so your dollar is going to go much farther!

•You can earn Starbucks food & drink Rewards and this is the only Visa prepaid card that lets you do that! These added Rewards gives more value to the cardholder!

•You have Instant Starbucks Reward Gold Status as a cardholder and you remain Gold as long as the prepaid card is open, no need to qualify annually.

•You earn 125 Stars the first time you use your Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card to load your Starbucks account in the App! That equals enough Stars to redeem for one food or drink Reward!

•If you’re like me and spend less at Starbucks (always trying to save money) now you can still earn and redeem for Rewards as Gold members! You can also earn Stars on all of your purchases outside Starbucks. That’s pretty awesome!

We have been using our Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card for the expenses we have fixing up our house, such as making our backyard presentable again since it has been looking like a desert with a huge sand pile that needs new sod (I love you hunny but yard work is not your forte). I love using the Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card for expenses I know I have (like fixing the yard) and will be spending that money no matter what because while I am paying for those expenses I am also racking up Stars which I can then redeem at Starbucks for a food or drink as a little pick me up during all the chaos of moving!

Another way we have been using our Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card is for groceries! Each week I have a budget for groceries and only load it with a certain amount of money which has helped me cut down on unnecessary extra spending. I mean who hasn’t gone to the store needing a few things and leaves with a packed cart and you don’t even know how it happened! Or my favorite is when you go to the grocery store hungry so you end up buying everything in sight! We’ve all been there! It also helps because I know I don’t need to splurge on treats because just by using my Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card I’ll be earning Stars to redeem for a food or drink Reward at Starbucks to treat myself!

-Every 125 Stars can be redeemed for 1 food or drink item. This includes all drinks, sandwiches and salads!

Learn more about the Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card here!

* At participating Starbucks stores. Some restrictions apply. See Starbucks.com/terms for details. Deposit products are provided by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.

D.C. is Harold’s (my husband) all time favorite city and he has always thought it would be a really cool place to raise a family so he is super excited for this change. He is looking forward to going on family walks through the National Mall and having many picnics, but also pretty apprehensive about moving with a baby. He said he is up for the challenge and has a feeling some good stories will come from it even if in the moment things get stressful!

We’ve been anticipating this move for awhile now so I am definitely ready, but if I am being honest I’m a little nervous about completely starting over again. It is exciting because it means there is so much opportunity for new and great things/people to come into our lives, but it also means I will really need to put myself out there in making new friends and getting use to a new area. We will also be a lot farther away from family, so I’m really praying we making some friends that are like family!

I will continue sharing our moving adventures along with how we are using our Starbucks Rewards Visa Prepaid Card in the coming months and cannot wait to answer any questions that you may have. It feels really good to be mindful about our spending and know we are saving money by making a choice to budget and I would love to help you create better spending habits as well!

33 Comments

1. Kim
    October 13, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Congratulations!!🎉

2. October 13, 2018 / 9:30 pm

I am so happy for you guys! I grew up in the DC area and absolutely loved all the history there. I’m sure Leo and your other children will love it as well!

3. Nathan
    October 13, 2018 / 9:31 pm

That’s so awesome good luck with the move and y’all are such wonderful people. Thank you for sharing yalls journey.

4. Kennedy Franken
    October 13, 2018 / 9:37 pm

I love your blogs and can’t wait to see your moving videos

5. Zoe
    October 13, 2018 / 10:46 pm

Washington was actually my guess, I can’t believe I was right though! I thought for sure I’d be wrong. So excited for all your new adventures!

6. Kate
    October 13, 2018 / 11:25 pm

I’m so excited for you guys! We recently got stationed at Joint Base Anacostia Bolling in DC 4 months ago. We live on post so if y’all are coming to this base and have questions I can help 🙂 It’s cold up here beware lol. Maybe we’ll cross paths while you’re up here 🙂

Best of luck!
    Kate

7. Kristin
    October 13, 2018 / 11:31 pm

Welcome to our neck of the woods! So exciting to think about my chances of running into y’all ☺️

8. Nicole Anderson
    October 14, 2018 / 2:40 am

I love you guys so much and I been watching you since 2014.I am so happy for you guys with moving and being pregnant.You guys inspire me everyday to never give and that god will help you. I have went through a lot this year,my dad passed away the day before I turned 13,my grandma has been diagnosed with cancer and my cousin is in the hospital if you
    could keep me in your prayers that would be great. I love you guys so much and I cant wait to watch your family grow!!

9. Abigail Hardesty
    October 14, 2018 / 6:07 am

Congratulations on the exciting news!! So many blessings in your life! My dad was in the navy for 22 years and was stationed at Bethesda so we kinda lived in between areas for a while. Different parts of Maryland and at one point right in DC! When exploring I recommend going into Fredrick MD! It’s beautiful and very family oriented. There is lots to do 😊 It’s also only 1 hour from DC, without traffic of course. Love all your videos and just in general how kind y’all are. Much love from Malmstrom AFB ❤️🇺🇸

10. Nick Pfanstiel
    October 14, 2018 / 6:23 am

Hey guys,

My name is Nick Pfanstiel. I’m a midshipmen at the Naval Academy (rivals sorry). My girlfriend and I love youre blogs and watch them and talk about them across our long distance relationship. It’s been super inspiring to see how you have handled a relationship in the military and how you’ve expanded from a long distance relationship. Thank you so much for your blog and please keep posting. It makes my day to see your videos!!

11. Jakay
    October 14, 2018 / 2:15 pm

I am moving also. I have been saving money. It is hard to budget. I have a huge jar. After I shop what I truly need and nothing else. The extra money I have I put in a jar. After it is filled up I take it back to my bank account. It shows me how much I save each month. I enjoy watching your blogs. You are amazing family.

• Rachel Earls
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 7:03 pm

It can be hard to budget for sure, but if you are diligent it is so beneficial!

12. Jenna Rettke
    October 14, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Love all of this! I have been watching your beautiful family for a long time and when I just read that y’all were moving to the DC area, I had to go run and tell my husband ! We are an army family with 2 littles and we live in the DC/ northern Virginia area
    ! Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any help!!

• Rachel Earls
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 7:02 pm

oh so cool! I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions!!

13. Megan Mathews
    October 14, 2018 / 5:57 pm

I love your family so much Mrs. Rachel, you are moving closer to where I live, in Maryland!

14. Maggie Obersat
    October 14, 2018 / 8:21 pm

So excited for ya’ll! I can’t wait for this new journey and for Leo or Leoette #2 to come! I watch your videos everyday and I try to live my life the way you would, Jesus loving, fun loving, all around awesome! Love y’all!

15. Angela
    October 14, 2018 / 8:23 pm

You will love DC. My sonworks in DC but lives in Fairfax County VA.,after living for a few in a condo in Alexandria. Metro makes this easy! Have a great move!

16. Nicole Danielle Lester
    October 14, 2018 / 8:28 pm

So excited for your new adventure.

17. Becky Herbstreith
    October 14, 2018 / 9:23 pm

I wish you and your family a safe move. Praying for you and your family

18. October 14, 2018 / 9:29 pm

I love you pictures

19. Stefani McGehee
    October 14, 2018 / 10:12 pm

I am so excited for you guys!…Please take care of yourselves and Big Boy Leo…give us an update on your hand, please. Praying for you guys and loving your videos. Thank you so much for sharing your lives == God Bless you all!!

20. Nelli Savchenko
    October 14, 2018 / 10:41 pm

You guys are amazing! I love your family. I love that you always keep God in your vlogs and I can really see that you love Him so much!! Never be afraid to share you faith! Love you all and God bless your move!

21. Dawn Stinnard
    October 14, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Congratulations on the move. How is your hand healing?

22. Felicia
    October 15, 2018 / 12:17 am

DC is amazing. My Aunt lives in the Falls Church area and is a spokeswoman for Anthropologie. She even gets to model the clothes. I myself would love to move out there someday. So much to see and do. It’s going to be a great adventure and I wish you all the best of luck in your new home.

• Rachel Earls
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 7:01 pm

wow how very cool!

23. October 15, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I am SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!
    Good luck and im looking forward to baby number 2.😉❤🐶

24. Becca Washburg
    October 15, 2018 / 7:06 pm

Hey Rachel … Please check your Snapchat I sent you like a paragraph about how I live right near DC … Please read it … Love everything you stand for … You guys are awesome

25. Tina Greenwood
    October 15, 2018 / 10:15 pm

I love you guys and your faith. I cant remember how I came across you more than a year ago, but I believe it was pregnancy announcements, and I just cried.

I want to thank Harold for his service and you Rach for sticking by his side as an Army wife and mom.

My son is currently at Fort Benning and just started Blue Phase as 19K Tanker Crewman. I’ll be in GA in a little over a week for family weekend, and you’ll be moving to DC. Congratulations on the move, your new home, and your new baby. Can’t wait to watch you guys on your journey.

Hugs
    Tina Greenwood

• Rachel Earls
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 7:01 pm

Thank you so much Tina!!

26. Charleigh
    October 16, 2018 / 4:10 am

Congratulations! I grew up in MD/DC area. If I can be of any help w/fun places Leo would enjoy, budget friendly places to shop or visit or great medical drs&hospitals to give birth just let me know! I can help u find friends that have kids and suggest some churches you might enjoy. If you don’t mind using public transportation or driving some, I would suggest living outside the DC center either on the VA or MD to find affordable housing. Frederick,MD has affordable housing as does Prince William County,VA. There is lots to do and see in the couple of years you’ll live here. You’ll need a winter coat&boots for the snow! The seasons are beautiful! God bless.

• Rachel Earls
      Author
      October 17, 2018 / 7:00 pm

Thank you so much!! yes, we are so excited to finally have 4 seasons!!!

27. Vanessa
    October 16, 2018 / 9:51 pm

The pictures are sooooooooooo cute it’s amazing so happy for you 😄😄😄♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Rachel Earls